William Harris (Harrison) Index: Royal Society Collection
Harris, William (2011) William Harris (Harrison) Index: Royal Society Collection. Royal Society of Tasmania, University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection, Australia. (Unpublished)
|PDF - Requires a PDF viewer|
William Harris (or Harrison c 1835-1906) was born in
Leicestershire, U.K., served in the 14th Foot Regiment,
1858-1869, and settled in Tasmania in 1869. The
confusion of the name appears to have been accidental.
1. Paybook 1858-1906.
Army paybook of William Harris, of Blay, Leicestershire, U.K. son
of Thomas Harris, enlisted in 14th Foot in June 1858 (aged 23), for
2. Discharge certificate, Melbourne, 10 Apr. 1869
3. Character reference 1869
4. Certificate of employment as constable, Port Arthur, Tas. May-Sept. 1869
5. Claim for New Zealand medal, 1870.
6-7 Pension certificates addressed 'New Norfolk' Tas. 1901, 1906.
8. Marriage Certificate of William Harrison & Martha Noone, Free Church,
Hobart Town, 29 Apr. 1869.
9. Baptismal certificate, Francis William, son of William and Martha Harrison,
born 9 July 1871, baptised 1 December 1871 (torn and affected by damp).
10. Note of examination for confirmation of Martha Harrison, by W.W.J.Murray,
chaplain, June 1893.
|Keywords:||Tasmania, Royal Society of Tasmania, science, natural science, social history, Australia, indexes, University of Tasmania, Library, private deposits, archives, Collections, catalogue, Special, Van Diemen's Land, |
|Deposited By:||ePrints Officer|
|Deposited On:||22 Jun 2011 15:18|
|Last Modified:||15 Feb 2013 16:02|
|ePrint Statistics:||View statistics for this ePrint|
Repository Staff Only: item control page