Library Open Repository
Observations on visits of the Tasmanian Aborigines to the Hunter Islands
Meston, AL (1935) Observations on visits of the Tasmanian Aborigines to the Hunter Islands. Papers and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. pp. 155-163. ISSN 0080-4703
1935-meston-obs...pdf | Download (290kB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.
The Hunter Islands lie off the north-western extremity of Tasmania and cover a considerable area. The principal islands of the group are Robbins, Hunter or Fleurieu, and Three Hummock. In addition there are many smaller islands, islets, and rocks, the chief of which are Trefoil, Bird, Stack, Steep, Penguin, Walker, the Petrels, and Albatross. This group of islands was discovered and named by Flinders in 1798, when he and Bass circumnavigated Tasmania in the sloop Norfolk.
|Keywords:||Royal Society of Tasmania, RST, Van Diemens Land, natural history, science, ecology, taxonomy, botany, zoology, geology, geography, papers & proceedings, Australia, UTAS Library|
|Journal or Publication Title:||Papers and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania|
|Page Range:||pp. 155-163|
|Collections:||Royal Society Collection > Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania|
|Additional Information:||Copyright Royal Society of Tasmania|
|Date Deposited:||10 Jul 2012 06:05|
|Last Modified:||18 Nov 2014 04:39|
|Item Statistics:||View statistics for this item|
Repository Staff Only (login required)
|Item Control Page|