Library Open Repository

Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania for the month of July, 1875

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year

Royal Society of Tasmania, (1875) Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania for the month of July, 1875. Papers & Proceedings and Report of the Royal Society of Tasmania. pp. 37-40.

[img]
Preview
PDF
1875-proceedings-july.pdf | Download (253kB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.

Abstract

The monthly evening meeting of the society was held on Tuesday, 13th July. A large number of Fellows were present; His Excellency the Governor in the chair. -The Secretary reported that soon after the last evening meeting the Garden Committee, with the Honorable the Colonial Secretary and Minister of Lands and Works, had proceeded to inspect a portion of the Domain-His Excellency remarked that agreeably to the request of the Domain Committee ho had carefully gone over that portion of the Domain lying between the Gardens and Cornelian Bay, and he had also, to some extent, inspected it generally. -Mr. Grant had no doubt that the planting on the borders of the creek as suggested by His Excellency would be both beneficial and ornamental. -Mr. Stephens directed the attention of the meeting to specimens of the strata traversed by the prospecting shaft at Spring Bay, which had been forwarded by Mr. Robinson of Triabunna. -The Secretary read a paper, contributed by Dr. G. Bennett, F. L. S., F.Z.S. of Sydney, a corresponding member of the society, "On the Frilled Lizard (Chlamydosaurus Kingii), of Queensland." -M. Allport, Esq., F.L.S., F.Z.S., etc., etc., read a paper entitled "Some Further Notes on the Salmon Experiment."

Item Type: Article
Keywords: Royal Society of Tasmania, Van Diemens Land, VDL, Hobart Town, natural sciences, proceedings, records
Journal or Publication Title: Papers & Proceedings and Report of the Royal Society of Tasmania
Page Range: pp. 37-40
Additional Information: In 1843 the Horticultural and Botanical Society of Van Diemen's Land was founded and became the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science in 1844. In 1855 its name changed to Royal Society of Tasmania for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science. In 1911 the name was shortened to Royal Society of Tasmania.
Date Deposited: 07 Nov 2012 05:38
Last Modified: 18 Nov 2014 04:44
URI: http://eprints.utas.edu.au/id/eprint/15344
Item Statistics: View statistics for this item

Repository Staff Only (login required)

Item Control Page Item Control Page