Library Open Repository
Proceedings for the month of September, 1875
Royal Society of Tasmania, (1875) Proceedings for the month of September, 1875. Papers & Proceedings and Report of the Royal Society of Tasmania. pp. 83-85.
1875-proceeding...pdf | Download (150kB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.
The usual monthly meeting of the society was held on Monday, the 13th September. M. Allport, Esq., V.P., in the chair. -J. R. Scott, Esq., M L.C. read an account of a visit made by him to Port Davey in March last. This exceedingly interesting paper was listened to with marked attention. It was illustrated by sketches of the local scenery, the "piners" huts or "Badger Boxes," etc., and also by a large and very well executed chart of Port Davey and the surrounding country, drawn by Mr. Scott himself, partly from personal survey, and in part from the Government map of the country. -The Rev. Julian Woods drew attention to some remarks made by him at the previous meeting with reference to certain flint implements, and the antiquity of cave remains. -
|Keywords:||Royal Society of Tasmania, Van Diemens Land, VDL, Hobart Town, natural sciences, proceedings, records|
|Journal or Publication Title:||Papers & Proceedings and Report of the Royal Society of Tasmania|
|Page Range:||pp. 83-85|
|Collections:||Royal Society Collection > Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania|
|Additional Information:||In 1843 the Horticultural and Botanical Society of Van Diemen's Land was founded and became the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science in 1844. In 1855 its name changed to Royal Society of Tasmania for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science. In 1911 the name was shortened to Royal Society of Tasmania.|
|Date Deposited:||07 Nov 2012 05:38|
|Last Modified:||18 Nov 2014 04:44|
|Item Statistics:||View statistics for this item|
Repository Staff Only (login required)
|Item Control Page|