Proceedings of the Royal Society for the month of May, 1880
Royal Society of Tasmania , (1880) Proceedings of the Royal Society for the month of May, 1880. Papers & Proceedings and Report of the Royal Society of Tasmania . p. 3.
|PDF - Requires a PDF viewer|
The monthly evening meeting of the Society was held on Tuesday,
May 11. Mr. T. Stephens, M.A., F.G.S., in the chair.
The Hon. Secretary, Dr. Agnew, brought forward the usual returns for
the past month, viz :
• Number of visitors to Museum,
• Number of visitors to Gardens. • Plants sent from Gardens—
• Books and periodicals received
• Presentations to Museum.
• Meteorology-from the Marine Board, tables from Mount Nelson for April, Swan Island and South Bruni for March.
• Time of leafing, flowering, and fruiting of a few standard plants inthe Botanic Gardens during April
• Presentations to the Museum
|Additional Information:||In 1843 the Horticultural and Botanical Society of Van Diemen's Land was founded and became the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science in 1844. In 1855 its name changed to Royal Society of Tasmania for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science. In 1911 the name was shortened to Royal Society of Tasmania.|
|Keywords:||Royal Society of Tasmania, Van Diemens Land, VDL, Hobart Town, natural sciences, proceedings, records|
|Deposited By:||UTAS ePrints officer|
|Deposited On:||23 Nov 2012 09:48|
|Last Modified:||23 Nov 2012 09:48|
|ePrint Statistics:||View statistics for this ePrint|
Repository Staff Only: item control page