Library Open Repository
Proceedings of the Royal Society for the month of May, 1880
Royal Society of Tasmania, (1880) Proceedings of the Royal Society for the month of May, 1880. Papers & Proceedings and Report of the Royal Society of Tasmania. p. 3.
proc-may-1879.pdf | Download (72kB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.
The monthly evening meeting of the Society was held on Tuesday,
May 11. Mr. T. Stephens, M.A., F.G.S., in the chair.
The Hon. Secretary, Dr. Agnew, brought forward the usual returns for
the past month, viz :
• Number of visitors to Museum,
• Number of visitors to Gardens. • Plants sent from Gardens—
• Books and periodicals received
• Presentations to Museum.
• Meteorology-from the Marine Board, tables from Mount Nelson for April, Swan Island and South Bruni for March.
• Time of leafing, flowering, and fruiting of a few standard plants inthe Botanic Gardens during April
• Presentations to the Museum
|Keywords:||Royal Society of Tasmania, Van Diemens Land, VDL, Hobart Town, natural sciences, proceedings, records|
|Journal or Publication Title:||Papers & Proceedings and Report of the Royal Society of Tasmania|
|Page Range:||p. 3|
|Collections:||Royal Society Collection > Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania|
In 1843 the Horticultural and Botanical Society of Van Diemen's Land was founded and became the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science in 1844. In 1855 its name changed to Royal Society of Tasmania for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science. In 1911 the name was shortened to Royal Society of Tasmania.
|Date Deposited:||22 Nov 2012 22:48|
|Last Modified:||18 Nov 2014 04:44|
|Item Statistics:||View statistics for this item|
Actions (login required)
|Item Control Page|