Proceedings of the Royal Society for the month of September, 1885.
Royal Society of Tasmania , (1885) Proceedings of the Royal Society for the month of September, 1885. Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania . cxli-cxlviii.
|PDF - Requires a PDF viewer|
The monthly meeting of the Fellows of the Royal Society of Tasmania
was held at the Museum-building on Monday evening, September 7th,
1885. Mr. James Barnard, vice-president, occupied the chair, and
about 40 gentlemen were present.
In the absence of the hon. secretary (Dr. Agnew) who was professionally
engaged at New Norfolk, the secretarial duties were
performed by the curator, Mr. Alexander Morton.
The following gentlemen, who had been previously nominated as
Fellows, were balloted for, and duly elected as Fellows of the Society,
viz.:—Messrs. Chas. W. Garrard, B.A., Lond., W. Eldridge, W. Duffy,
Joseph Tasman Facy.
Discussion of the paper " Contributory information regarding
the tin ore deposits at Mount Bischoff, Tasmania," by Baron Von
Groddeck. The following paper was read by Colonel A. Crawford – Australia or Australasia. Also included are additions to the Library, presentations to the museum and time of leafing, fruiting and flowering of a few standard plants in the Royal Societies gardens during August, 1885
|Additional Information:||In 1843 the Horticultural and Botanical Society of Van Diemen's Land was founded and became the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science in 1844. In 1855 its name changed to Royal Society of Tasmania for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science. In 1911 the name was shortened to Royal Society of Tasmania.|
|Keywords:||Royal Society of Tasmania, Van Diemens Land, VDL, Hobart Town, natural sciences, proceedings, records|
|Deposited By:||UTAS ePrints officer|
|Deposited On:||30 Nov 2012 08:40|
|Last Modified:||30 Nov 2012 08:40|
|ePrint Statistics:||View statistics for this ePrint|
Repository Staff Only: item control page