Proceedings of the Royal Society for the month of April, 1884
Royal Society of Tasmania , (1884) Proceedings of the Royal Society for the month of April, 1884. Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania . lxiii-lxvi.
|PDF - Requires a PDF viewer|
A monthly meeting of the society, the first of the present session, was
held at the Museum on Tuesday, April 8. There was a large attendance
of Fellows. Mr. Jas. Barnard, V.P., in the chair. Mr. W. J. G. Bedford,
M.R.C.S., Eng, and Mr. J. Walch, Hobart, who had previously been
nominated by the council, were balloted for, and declared duly elected
as fellows of the society.
Mr. Thomas Hughes (England) was introduced as a visitor.
The hon. secretary (Dr. Agnew) brought forward the usual returns - Number of visitors to Museum, Number of visitors to Gardens, Plants, etc., sent from, and received at, Gardens, meteorological returns, time of leafing, flowering, and fruiting of a few standard plants
in the Botanic Gardens during January, February, and March, 1884, list of additions to the Library.
Includes discussion on Mr. RM Johnston’s “Fossils from Maria Island “ and “ Fishes of Tasmania”.
The May meeting of the Royal Society lapsed through inclemency of the weather.
|Additional Information:||In 1843 the Horticultural and Botanical Society of Van Diemen's Land was founded and became the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science in 1844. In 1855 its name changed to Royal Society of Tasmania for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science. In 1911 the name was shortened to Royal Society of Tasmania.|
|Keywords:||Royal Society of Tasmania, Van Diemens Land, VDL, Hobart Town, natural sciences, proceedings, records|
|Deposited By:||ePrints Officer|
|Deposited On:||12 Dec 2012 10:11|
|Last Modified:||12 Dec 2012 10:11|
|ePrint Statistics:||View statistics for this ePrint|
Repository Staff Only: item control page