Library Open Repository
Photograph of Hobart c. 1878
Walker, James Backhouse Photograph of Hobart c. 1878. University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection, Australia. (Unpublished)
hobart10s.jpg | Download (283kB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.
Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Hobart viewing over St. Davids Park, probably from Hampden Road, (in about 1878 according to a note on the reverse). The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.
|Keywords:||Quaker, Religious Society of Friends, Tasmania, Religious history, social history, Australia, James Backhouse Walker, West Hobart, Hobart, photography, photograph, Henry Hall Baily, St.Davids Park|
|Publisher:||University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection|
|Additional Information:||This material is subject to copyright protection. Further dealings with this material may be a copyright infringement. Reference: Tasmanian photographers 1840-1940 : a directory / by Chris Long ; edited by Gillian Winter. Hobart, Tas : Tasmanian Historical Research Association : Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, 1995.|
|Date Deposited:||14 Nov 2007 01:38|
|Last Modified:||18 Nov 2014 03:24|
|Item Statistics:||View statistics for this item|
Actions (login required)
|Item Control Page|