Library Open Repository
Lantern Slide of Old Ball Room where Town Hall now stands, Hobart, Tasmania
Walker, James Backhouse Lantern Slide of Old Ball Room where Town Hall now stands, Hobart, Tasmania. University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection, Australia. (Unpublished)
10hobart_old_ba...jpg | Download (482kB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.
Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of the demolition of the old ball room where the Town Hall now stands, Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.
|Keywords:||Quaker, Religious Society of Friends, Tasmania, religious history, social history, Australia, James Backhouse Walker, Hobart, lantern slide, photographer, John Watt Beattie, studio, Van Diemen's Land, old ball room, Town Hall, demolition|
|Publisher:||University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection|
Photograph Collection > Lantern Slide Collection
This material is subject to copyright protection. Further dealings with this material may be a copyright infringement.
|Date Deposited:||21 Feb 2008 23:13|
|Last Modified:||18 Nov 2014 03:29|
|Item Statistics:||View statistics for this item|
Actions (login required)
|Item Control Page|