Library Open Repository
Lantern Slide of Waterloo Hotel, corner Murray and Davey Streets, Hobart, Van Diemen's Land, 1832
Walker, James Backhouse Lantern Slide of Waterloo Hotel, corner Murray and Davey Streets, Hobart, Van Diemen's Land, 1832. University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection, Australia. (Unpublished)
34port_arthur_street.jpg | Download (2MB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.
Lantern slide of Waterloo Hotel on the corner of Murray and Davey Streets, Hobart - from a painting dated 1832. Renamed Waterloo Tavern in 1842. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.
|Keywords:||Quaker, Religious Society of Friends, Tasmania, religious history, social history, Australia, James Backhouse Walker, Hobart, lantern slide, Waterloo Hotel, Waterloo Tavern, photographer, John Watt Beattie, studio,|
|Publisher:||University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection|
|Additional Information:||This material is subject to copyright protection. Further dealings with this material may be a copyright infringement. Reference: Tasmanian photographers 1840-1940 : a directory / by Chris Long ; edited by Gillian Winter. Hobart, Tas : Tasmanian Historical Research Association : Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, 1995.|
|Date Deposited:||04 Jun 2008 06:03|
|Last Modified:||18 Nov 2014 03:40|
|Item Statistics:||View statistics for this item|
Repository Staff Only (login required)
|Item Control Page|