Open Access Repository

Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery extension. foundation-stone ceremony

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year

Royal Society of Tasmania, (1900) Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery extension. foundation-stone ceremony. Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. xxxix-xliii.

[img]
Preview
PDF
1901-Dodds-muse...pdf | Download (477kB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.

Abstract

The laying of the corner-stone of the
extension of the Tasmanian Museum was
performed by His Excellency the Administrator,
Sir John Dodds, on March 20th,
1901.
Several prominent dignitaries presented addresses such as the Bishop of Tasmania, Mr. RM Johnston, Mr. Alexander Morton, Revs. G. W. Sharp (president of the
Council of Churches), and H. B. Barber
(secretary) also presented an address. Among those present at the ceremony were: Sir John and Lady Dodds, Mr. Warren Dodds, private secretary; the Premier, (Hon. Neil E. Lewis), and Mrs Lewis, the Bishop of Tasmania; the Mayoress of Hobart (Mrs JG Davies); The Minister for Lands (Hon.E. Mulcahy).

Item Type: Article
Keywords: Royal Society of Tasmania, Van Diemens Land, VDL, Hobart Town, natural sciences, proceedings, records
Journal or Publication Title: Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania
Page Range: xxxix-xliii
Collections: Royal Society Collection > Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania
Additional Information:

In 1843 the Horticultural and Botanical Society of Van Diemen's Land was founded and became the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science in 1844. In 1855 its name changed to Royal Society of Tasmania for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science. In 1911 the name was shortened to Royal Society of Tasmania.

Date Deposited: 15 Apr 2013 01:23
Last Modified: 15 Sep 2017 01:07
Item Statistics: View statistics for this item

Actions (login required)

Item Control Page Item Control Page
TOP