Please Note:

The Open Access Repository has moved to a new authentication system as of the 1st of November.

Account holders will now be able to login using their University of Tasmania credentials.
If you have trouble logging in please email us on E.Prints@utas.edu.au so we can assist you.

Public users can still access the records in this repository as normal

Open Access Repository

Proceedings for the month of October, 1854

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year

Royal Society of Tasmania, (1855) Proceedings for the month of October, 1854. Papers and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania, 3 (1). pp. 189-191. ISSN 0080-4703

[img]
Preview
PDF
1855-proc-oct.pdf | Download (194kB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.

| Preview

Abstract

Proceedings of the Monthly Meeting of the Royal Society of Tasmania held on the 11th November, 1854, the Kev. John Lillie, D.D., a Vice-
President, in the chair.
Amongst the Fellows present were Drs. Agnew, Hall, and Lee ; Capt. Stoney
and Major Berthon ; Messrs. Champ, Hone, Kilburn, Perkins, Barnard, Moss,
Propsting.
After a ballot, J. E. Calder and Thomas Hewitt of Hobart Town, Esquires, were
declared to be duly elected Fellows of the Society.
Mr. Gr. A. Makeig submitted for examination a sample of arenaceous clay from
his farm near the " Flower Pot," D'Entrecasteaux's Channel, coloured with the
minute green fungus which has so often led to a supposition of the existence of
copper in our clay formations.

Item Type: Article
Keywords: Royal Society of Tasmania, Van Diemens Land, VDL, Hobart Town, natural sciences, proceedings, records
Journal or Publication Title: Papers and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania
Page Range: pp. 189-191
ISSN: 0080-4703
Collections: Royal Society Collection > Papers & Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania
Additional Information:

In 1843 the Horticultural and Botanical Society of Van Diemen's Land was founded and became the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science in 1844. In 1855 its name changed to Royal Society of Tasmania for Horticulture, Botany, and the Advancement of Science. In 1911 the name was shortened to The Royal Society of Tasmania.

Date Deposited: 07 Dec 2014 23:40
Last Modified: 07 Dec 2014 23:40
Item Statistics: View statistics for this item

Actions (login required)

Item Control Page Item Control Page
TOP