Open Access Repository

Ludus et Ludi, Vol. 8 (11) December 1920 - half yearly magazine

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year

Leslie House School, Ludus et Ludi, Vol. 8 (11) December 1920 - half yearly magazine.

[img]
Preview
PDF
leslie-house-sc...pdf | Download (2MB)

| Preview

Abstract

Half Yearly Magazine of Leslie House School, "Ludus et Ludi " Vol. 8 (11) December 1920. Includes class notes, boarders notes and descriptions and photographs of the cross country and cricket teams. In 1886 Samuel Clemes was appointed as headmaster of a proposed Friends' school in Hobart. The Friends' High School opened at Warwick Street, Hobart, on 31 January 1887 with thirty-three students; it moved to larger premises at Hobartville, North Hobart, in 1889.
Clemes resigned in June 1900 after misunderstandings with the committee of his school, and that year he established Leslie House School in Pirie Street, New Town—it moved to Boa Vista in Argyle Street in 1907. The school was renamed Clemes College after his death in 1922 and was merged again with Friends School in 1945.

Item Type: Article
Keywords: Samuel Clemes, Leslie House School, Ludus et Ludi, Clemes College, Boa Vista, Friends School
Collections: Photograph Collection > Dennison Historical Collection
Additional Information:

More material relating to Leslie House and Clemes College can be found at : TAHO - Series Number: NS684
22 Feb 1900 - 31 Dec 1945

Date Deposited: 30 Mar 2016 01:48
Last Modified: 30 Mar 2016 01:52
Item Statistics: View statistics for this item

Actions (login required)

Item Control Page Item Control Page
TOP