Open Access Repository

Optimized extraction of anthocyanins from Reid Fruits’ Prunus avium ‘Lapins’ cherries

Blackhall, ML ORCID: 0000-0002-9873-2845, Berry, R ORCID: 0000-0001-7172-8830, Davies, NW ORCID: 0000-0002-9624-0935 and Walls, JT ORCID: 0000-0001-9932-0298 2018 , 'Optimized extraction of anthocyanins from Reid Fruits’ Prunus avium ‘Lapins’ cherries' , Food Chemistry, vol. 256 , pp. 280-285 , doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.02.137.

Full text not available from this repository.

Abstract

The influence of process parameters on the extraction of anthocyanins from the edible portion of fresh, sweetcherry were investigated. The optimal extraction time and temperature were determined as 90 min and 37 °C,respectively. A solvent/solid ratio of 10 mL/g using 100% acidified solvent resulted in the greatest anthocyaninyield. No significant difference was observed between the use of methanol or ethanol as the extraction solvent.Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography-MS analysis of the extract identified four anthocyanins, with cyanidin-3-rutinosideand peonidin-3-rutinoside accounting for over 95% of the anthocyanin content, while cyanidin-3-glucosideand pelargonidin-3-rutinoside accounted for the remaining 5%. 244 mg/100 g fresh weighttotal anthocyanins were determined in the fresh cherries using the optimal extraction conditions.

Item Type: Article
Authors/Creators:Blackhall, ML and Berry, R and Davies, NW and Walls, JT
Keywords: Anthocyanin Cherries
Journal or Publication Title: Food Chemistry
Publisher: Elsevier Sci Ltd
ISSN: 0308-8146
DOI / ID Number: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.02.137
Copyright Information:

© 2018 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved

Related URLs:
Item Statistics: View statistics for this item

Actions (login required)

Item Control Page Item Control Page
TOP