Open Access Repository

Lantern Slides of Aboriginal caves, tree and implement quarry at Tedworth

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year

Walker, James Backhouse , Lantern Slides of Aboriginal caves, tree and implement quarry at Tedworth , University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection, Australia.

[img]
Preview
Image (JPEG) (Lantern Slide. Aboriginal caves Tedworth)
68aborig_caves_...jpg | Download (2MB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.

| Preview
[img]
Preview
Image (JPEG) (Lantern Slide. Aboriginal caves Tedworth)
69aborig_caves_...jpg | Download (2MB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.

| Preview
[img]
Preview
Image (JPEG) (Lantern Slide. Tree marked by aborigines, Tedworth)
70tree_attedwor...jpg | Download (2MB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.

| Preview
[img]
Preview
Image (JPEG) (Lantern Slide. Aboriginal implement quarry)
66aborig_stonei...jpg | Download (2MB)
Available under University of Tasmania Standard License.

| Preview

Abstract

Lantern slide of aboriginal caves a tree marked by aborigines and an implement quarry at Tedworth. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

Item Type: Other
Authors/Creators:Walker, James Backhouse
Keywords: Quaker, Religious Society of Friends, Tasmania, religious history, social history, Australia, James Backhouse Walker, Hobart, lantern slide, photographer, John Watt Beattie, studio, Tasmanian aborigines, Tedworth, tree, quarry, implements, caves
Publisher: University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection
Collections: Quaker Collection
Photograph Collection > Lantern Slide Collection
Photograph Collection
Additional Information:

This material is subject to copyright protection. Further dealings with this material may be a copyright infringement.
Reference: Tasmanian photographers 1840-1940 : a directory / by Chris Long ; edited by Gillian Winter. Hobart, Tas : Tasmanian Historical Research Association : Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, 1995.

Item Statistics: View statistics for this item

Actions (login required)

Item Control Page Item Control Page
TOP